Philosophy of Midwifery Care
- Midwifery is the art of safeguarding the natural process of pregnancy, labor, and birth.
- Midwives support the pregnant woman’s right to give birth in a setting of her choice that is personalized and positive.
- Every woman has the right to proper prenatal care, including participation in the planning, carrying out and evaluation of such care.
- Since well over 90 percent of all births are normal, midwifery seeks to avoid the application of any unnecessary medical technology and intervention.
- More information on Midwifery Care: